A huge thank you to Gouchis Girl for nominating me for the Liebster Award. This was a delightful surprise for me. The Liebster Award is a very nice way for fellow bloggers to recognize, get to know, and encourage other bloggers.
Gouchis Girl‘s questions:
- What is your absolute favorite food? Oh dear… That is an impossible question to answer. If I had to answer right this second it would be a giant bowl of pasta. Tomorrow it could be steak, last week it was anything spicy… I am a food junkie and cannot pick just one thing!
- If you could vacation anywhere in the world where would it be? My dream vacation would be a nice long visit in London, England.
- Is there anyone past, or present, that is famous that you would love to spend an hour with? The first person to come to mind is Robin Williams. I feel like he would have been a wonderful person to know and I’m still sad when I think about how his amazing life was cut short.
- What is one question that you would ask that person? Why do you enjoy making people laugh?
- How long have you had your current blog? My first post was nearly two months ago. I can’t believe how time has flown and at the same time I think “Only two months?”
- What character trait bothers you most about people? This is a hard question, I think something that bothers me a lot is how people take their families for granted so easily. What I mean is, you’re sitting at the dinner table with your family and your attention is on your cell phone, or your family doesn’t even sit down at the dinner table anymore. I am also guilty of eating dinner plopped in front of the television, but I want to change that.
- What is one dream you had as a child that you’ve had come true? I have a wonderful husband and a beautiful son. When I was little I thought I would be a famous artist, then I thought I would be a famous broadway star, but above all… I always wanted to have a family and to make my children my first priority. I think being able to stay home with my son is more satisfying (and challenging at the same time) than I ever could have dreamed.
- What is your favorite holiday food? Mashed potatoes! That may not be specifically for holidays, but it was the first thing to pop in my mind. I also love all of the baked bread, desserts, and a great big turkey!
- What is your favorite movie of all time? This is another impossible question! I really enjoy watching movies, and there are several movies that I can watch over and over again: Gone With the Wind, The Wedding Singer, practically every Disney movie, The Lord of the Rings trilogy, and of course Harry Potter. The list could go on I’m sure…
- Where do you want to be in 5 years? Right now my husband and I rent a nice townhouse in central Missouri, in 5 years I would love to have our own home (if not sooner). As far as a long term goal for my blog, I hope that in 5 years I am still as passionate, if not more, passionate about this adventure. I still have a lot to learn!
- Was there a blog you read that inspired you to create yours? There are a few blogs that I have read over the years: The Pioneer Woman, Budget Bytes, A Year of Slow Cooking… just to name a few.
- Home Sweet Home on Wheels
- Forced Bloom
- This Disheveled House
- Invisible World
- Daisy in the Willows
- Tangerine Wallpaper
- Indulge Your Inner Foodie
- Breathing Now. Writing Now.
- On This Side
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Internet
- Protest the Chaos with Splashes of Beauty
- What were your goals when you decided to start your blog?
- What is your favorite book?
- What is your favorite season? Why?
- Who has impacted you the most in your life? (your mother, a sibling, a dear friend, a celebrity)
- Mac or PC?
- Here is a corny one for you: If you were trapped on a deserted island, what would you bring with you?
- Were you involved in any extracurricular activities in school? If so, what were they?
- What is your profession?
- What is your favorite restaurant?
- Do you have a favorite cooking show? If so, what is it?
- Last question, what is your guilty pleasure food? (Something you love but know you shouldn’t eat)